Friday, February 4, 2011

Chicken Enchilada Soup

This is DELICIOUS!!

The only change that I made was leaving out the red peppers... because I hate peppers.

I didn't have any pepperjack cheese, so I used Monty Jack.

And a couple of shakes of Tabasco.

Tortillas on the side.

Perfect for cold February.


Chicken Enchilada Soup
by Real Mom Kitchen

1 can (15 oz) Black Beans, Rinsed And Drained
1 can (14.5 oz) Diced Tomatoes
1 package (10 oz) Frozen Corn
½ cups Onion, Chopped
½ cups Red Pepper, Diced
1 can (10 oz) Enchilada Sauce
1 can (10 3/4 oz) Cream Of Chicken Soup
1-½ cups Milk
2 whole Chicken Breasts
1 cup Pepper Jack Cheese, Shredded

In a 3 1/2 to 5-quart slow cooker, combine drained beans, tomatoes, corn, onion, and bell pepper. Place 2 chicken breasts on top of the mixture.
In a large bowl, whisk together the enchilada sauce and soup. Gradually whisk in milk until smooth. Pour sauce mixture over ingredients in cooker. Cover; cook on low heat for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours.
Remove chicken and cut or shred into bite-sized pieces. Add chicken back into the soup. Top with pepper jack cheese and serve.
The soup can also be topped with avocado, sour cream, or crushed tortilla chips.
Note: if the soup is too thick for you, just add a little more milk after it’s all cooked.

2 comments:

Tasha said...

Thanks! I am always looking for new great recipes! We will try it!

Rusten and Karen said...

yummy! I am going to make this for dinner tomorrow. Thanks!